Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mini Meat Loaf Cups

My family loves meatloaf, but I generally do not have the hour it takes to bake a traditional loaf.   A quick alternative is to divide the meat loaf mixture into muffin cups for individual servings.   This cuts the baking time in half, and the muffin cups tend to absorb any excess grease.  The recipe yields 24, so I will generally make 12 and freeze the other half for another meal.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. ground pork
  • 1 lb. lean ground chuck
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 C milk
  • 1/4 C ketchup
  • 1/2 C crushed cornflakes
  • 2T dried minced onion
  • 1 tsp dried prepared mustard
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • Muffin cups
Preheat oven to 350.   Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.  Fill each muffin cup about 1/2 - 2/3 full.   Bake for 25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.   Some of my family members like to drizzle a little extra ketchup on the top.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jen! I'll give this a try! Except, what if I don't have Corn Flakes... should I use bread crumbs, or cracker crumbs? (or should I see if I can buy one of those little individual cups of corn flakes to stay true to the recipe...)
    Thanks,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete